Saturday, January 7, 2017

Show #243

Hello Friends of the Garden!

I'm loving it!
Being a Californian for these last several years has made me appreciate the variety of weather I've experienced in the other places I have lived. Fresno and the Central Valley do not have much in the way of variety when it comes to weather. It's pretty predictable here, six months of Summer, one month of Fall, four months of Winter and one month of Spring.

My spot on the deck
to enjoy the rain!
If you're a Pluviophile, like myself, then you are hard pressed to find that joy fulfilled! While the rain has caused me some distress at my coastal home, it is a greater source of comfort via it's therapeutic aspects. My desire to enjoy the calming characteristics of precipitation has driven me making a little spot on the deck to hole up in to personally witness it. Under my shade umbrella, which as titled is designed for protection from the Sun, has found it's true use as a refuge from the rain.

Required headwear in Portland!
I've been enjoying my fixation with my "weather girl" from the local news. In the doing so I've seen the volatile weather the rest of the nation endures. There's something to said for the mild conditions we are privileged to in Central California! For a short time I lived in Upstate New York. Their pattern for weather is very similar to our weather here, just turned upside down, six months of Winter, two months of Fall, two months of Spring, and two months of Summer. Like a lot of places around this country, you get a lot of one kind of weather!

All dressed up and nowhere to go!
Got the Jasmine trimmed
back before the rain came!
Rain pretty much resigns you to condition restricted activities. I can't see myself going to the beach today for my sea-glass hunting ritual. Thank goodness I got my yard work done yesterday because today is all about reading, thinking, looking out the window like a child, and enjoying the sound of the rain as it washes my mind of worries! Quiet, calm and contemplative is the order of the day and welcome! I think I'll have another cup of coffee and listen to the rain!

Here's Show #243! Once again I feel the playful side of me with the start of this show. You'll love the way I snuck in "Mr. Magoo" in the first set of classic rock. First timers this week include Bob Rivers and The Sacred Mushrooms. The Sacred Mushrooms come by way of a phone in request! There's lots of new and old here like always. The second hour starts with tasty and unique covers from Rosie Flores, The Bros. Comatose and Dwight Yoakam. I'm sure you'll enjoy them! I'm looking forward to the set with String Cheese Incident, Cross Canadian Ragweed, The Damn Quails and Michael Nesmith. They shouldn't go together but I think they do. You know how I get! Just some standard silliness!

Thank you Robin and Jerry for your unending support! I'm just gonna keep at it!

Thank you to all of you that read and/or listen to my show! I'm so glad you enjoy it when you can! Doing this blog and the radio show has been a very rewarding experience for me and through your interest and support I've discovered things about myself I never knew existed! Thanks!

Peace and love,

Mike

1 comment:

  1. I remember your "weather girl"! We're enjoying the rain as much as possible!

    ReplyDelete