Saturday, February 25, 2017

Show #250

Hello Friends of the Garden,

It was nice to have a
morning fire while I wrote this!
Well, I feel much better than I did at this time last week. I still have the last lingering bits of a cough and my throat is still a little sore from coughing but, I feel significantly better now. It was of little consolation that I was told that "it" was "going around". Right now I wish it had gone right on by me! If I were a NASCAR driver, right now my corporate sponsor would be Mucinex! 

Poor baby, of course it's her husband
Being referred to.
Although I understand that I'm incapable of diagnosing it, I don't believe my cold advanced to the "Man Flu" level. Considering the condition, the only absolute prevention would have nothing to do with health practices. The only certain deterrent would be if you are unaffiliated (i.e. not married or in a relationship). It would be an exercise in futility for a man to exaggerate the severity of his cold to no one!

Well, this sure explains things!
I believe it's a natural human trait for both men and women to exaggerate.  This behavior can be witnessed at a national level, and all the way down to a personal level. While there may be many reasons to "stretch" the truth, I believe it occurs most often to gain sympathy or favor. The persecuted or afflicted resort to publicizing their plight with an emphasis on the extreme. All of us have listened to a friend that always seems to be getting the "short stick" in life! Their maladies always are associated with much greater frequency, severity and circumstance. 

Well, this sure explains things!
While sitting up in bed blowing my red, raw nose and coughing my head off, I had plenty of time to watch a lot of TV. Television is the "Holy Grail" of exaggeration! Truthfully, all forms of media have grown and expanded to the point that it can accommodate any philosophy regardless of it's multitude or extreme orientation. The whole "tabloid" industry exists to quench that strange innate need in some Americans. 

How many times have you heard a statement begin with, "When I was your age we used to......"? Invariably, this statement is typically followed by an extreme exaggeration. Like the "Man Flu", whatever times we are in, we are always the ones with the most extreme conditions. Today's "fake news" will become passé just like the whole "birther" following has with time! 

Upon entry to congress, all politicians
are issued one of these!
In the meantime, as painful as it may seem, there is an entertainment quality to observing the "blame-throwers" at work! Listening closer and speaking less quickly is most likely the only cure for "what's going around".

On to Show #250! Amazing 250! Like always, Sunday presents plenty of competition! This week it's The Sunday Garden Party vs. The Academy Awards! No problem! Rather than fight 'em, I decided to embrace the opportunity so, I put together a bunch of samples from the soundtracks of several of my favorite movies. I had a lot of fun getting little clips of audio from each movie. I think you'll enjoy it too. Show #250 and it's as fun as ever putting it together!

Sorry Robin for giving you my cold! Jerry, I know I'm not at fault for your cold, so I know I'm safe from any "blame-throwing"! We'll all catch up when were 100%!

Thank you listeners and readers of this message! Sorry about last week! Thank goodness I'm on the mend! I'll be at the microphone this weekend so, give me a call!

Peace and love,

Mike

P.S. Hey you local people! Check out our upcoming Rogue Festival show.

2 comments:

  1. Gots to get me one of those "blame throwers"!!! Episode III of your show??? Did I miss Episode II somewhere down the line???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole episode III stems from the notion that none of the 5 guys were ready the following year. We knew it would make people wonder what's going on. They would think they missed the 2nd year somehow. Just messing with people's heads.

      Delete