Saturday, March 4, 2017

Show #251

Hello Friends of the Garden,

Not the group my wife went to. 
Well, it's another wonderful Saturday morning! I didn't have too much fun on Friday night so, I feel good. I was a bachelor on Friday night because my wife had a night out with her friends. They had planned to engage in a "Wine and Painting" party. The irony of their choice made my evening all the more humorous to think about. 

What? Must have been really good
wine or at least a lot of it!
I have been using this blog to see if I enjoyed writing. I'm finding that I never really got a chance to discover what my passion is. I had reckoned that I could practice by writing every week in this blog. If I didn't like it, it would die a natural death from ambivalence.That eventually led to something more. With a lot of help, a few of my good friends and I wrote a play and performed it to great success. 

Conscientious objector
My buddies, and a couple new additions to the group, have joined to put another show/play together. While discussing a certain scene, I proposed including "Wine and Painting" as an excuse for guys to go out and drink while their wives are busy. All of my friends looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language. None of them were aware of "Wine and Painting" parties. 

Jackson Pollock on pastels!
Yesterday, the night before our opening performance, I get a night out from "Wine and Painting". It came completely naturally! This was an idea of one of my wife's friends. My wife has never shown any interest in it. I had never discussed anything about our play/show beforehand with any of them. I didn't really even talk to my wife much about the writing either. 

Thursday my wife and few others saw our final dress rehearsal. It was also filmed by CMAC, a local public access program. Friday morning, my wife laughed as she told me that she would be busy with her friends that evening attending a "Wine and Painting" party. The irony was too much to be real! Talk about "Life imitating art" or "Art imitating life" or which ever it is!

My wonderful wife's "Wine
and Painting" treasure!
 Life is strange!
Real life is so filled with these little moments. You can't make this stuff up! You just have to count yourself lucky when you catch it, like seeing a shooting star! It's so cool when you're there to witness it! It seems to happen to me a lot, I'll bet it does to you too!

Hey thanks Jerry and Robin for attending the dress rehearsal. You guys are so supportive of me! It never goes unnoticed! Your opinions are always respected by me! I can't say thanks enough!

Thank you too, kind listeners and supporters of my show and KFSR! We are approaching another fund raising time and our last effort was not as productive as hoped. I hope you will consider helping out the station in whatever way you can! We thrive on small contributions, your modest support will be greatly appreciated!

Peace and love to you all!

Mike

2 comments:

  1. Mike, can I purchase tickets at the door or do I need to purchase tickets online??? We're looking to go to Thursday's show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "Wine and Painting" party has been around huh?

    ReplyDelete