Friday, August 12, 2016

Show #222

Hello Friends of the Garden!

When it comes time to writing this bit each week I really don't know what it will be about until I sit down to it! I guess it's just whatever's breezin' through my little brain at the time. Last week I felt compelled to write about the Olympic opening but other things were tumbling around in that mind of mine.
Life imitates art!

The black light makes it cooler
​It was fun watching the ceremony on several levels. First off, lately I've been in to string art for some odd reason. Some of my close buddies that knew this were texting me about what they saw during the ceremony. Really, the fun part is the crazy ideas they come up with. 

It looked like some M.C. Escher kind of thing! Seriously, throwing lampshades of the side of scaffolding is pretty far out there and coming up with outfits with arrows? What the heck?
I just love imagining someone trying to sell this idea as they describe it to the person deciding on what to do! Just try it yourself. If you saw it, describe to yourself as if you were trying to convince someone that this was the way to go! Fun!

As much as I want to talk about the Olympics and all that, I really have my mind on something else. People are blessed in so many ways, I know, I've seen it! I have many friends that are talented in so many ways I'm often jealous! I have other friends that are so very confident in what they do that I envy their self-assurance! I also know that I too am blessed, very much so! I have been so fortunate to of had a lifetime of good friends!

​One of the things I always thought about when moving to California, so many years ago, that I would never have friends like I had there back in Texas! I was so wrong! I now understand much better about my good fortune! I may not be a musician or an artist or something flashy and cool like that, but I do know I have the love and support of more than I deserve!



​Because of my friends I have done things at my age I would only of dreamed of! I love this quote, “Keep away from those who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you believe that you too can become great.”– Mark Twain. That's what all my friends have done, starting with my wife, Robin! She's always the first to tell me she believes in me! Same thing with so many others too! 

I hope you are as blessed as I am in regards to friends! If you are, show 'em some way that they're special in your own way. You'll understand how good it feels! Really, I know it sounds cheesy but, do it anyway, it's fun! Anyway, I just was thinking about how lucky I feel!
Ok, here's Show #222! I simply threw out a bunch of old favorites to play! I was thinking' of all my friends out there and I picked off a few of you! Besides, there's a lot of tunes that need replaying if nothing else than for my friends to hear (and me)! What was funny was, normally I painstakingly (total opposite of my buddy the Hound Dog) work out the time so it ends right! As I threw out the tunes it turned out the times ended up perfect without thinking about it! I can hear the Hound Dog now, "See you should be spontaneous, like me!" He's usually right about this stuff and I suppose it worked out (spoken with reluctance!).  Oh, there is one new tune from the warm up act at Jackie Greene, David Lunning (thanks to my brother) and it goes perfect with my friendship ending! I close out with a request for some Led Zeppelin from my friend Alan! Nice!

Ok, now it's gonna sound even cheesier, but thanks to my good friends Jerry and Robin who are the great people Mark Twain talked about! It's true!

Thanks as always to my listeners and friends! Look over the playlist you may find your song in there! And hey, give me a call at the station, say hello, I won't make you talk to me long! 

Peace and love (throw in understanding)!

Mike

2 comments:

  1. Mark Twain's talking some sense there! You do that in your classroom daily Mr. Workman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chuck! This is what I'm talking about, people that lift you up!

      Delete