Saturday, November 19, 2016

Show #236

Hello Friends of the Garden!

Desperados waiting for a brain!
First off I want to express my best wishes for my dear friend Don, "The Hound Dog", as he recovers from a surgery that fortunately went well. He has become an amazing friend, and a true inspiration to me! Even in retirement Don is a busy guy! There are many attributes that Don has that I aspire to have in my life too! His joy of life, his commitment to family, his generosity, his creativity are all things that are a gift to witness! I am continually amazed by my good fortune of having people like Don sprinkled all through my life! 

How I see myself most times when
I hang out with my talented friends!
I'll admit it, I can be zealous at times! You hang around people like Don and his friends and you're going to be susceptible to their ability to express themselves. I wish I had half the talent of my friends, seriously, it seems everyone I know has some enviable skill! I'm so happy that even at this later stage of my life I've had a chance to feel that feeling a little! I'm so honored that "The Hound Dog" asked me to host his show this weekend. I'm sure it's no big deal to him but to me, are you kidding? I'm pulling out all the stops people!

My Mom with her new coffee
table. We listened to my show
that night
Don was a major influence in our Rogue Festival show a couple of years ago. My mother always wanted me to do something creative. I wish she could have seen that show, but I'll never forget listening to my recorded Christmas show with my Mom back in Texas. I knew I'd be there so I gave a shout out to us! We laughed, and a sweet memory that would have never happened without Don! And as to that Rogue show, well here we come again folks! Like I said a few blogs back, I have some awesome coaches! You'd be proud Mom!

So, get well soon Don! Looking forward to seeing you!

Ok, on to Show #236! I had a start on this before I knew I would cover the "Blues Buffet Show" and I had a Soul/R&B vibe going through me. The first set isn't so much Soul/R&B but it does feature two new artists Kurt Baker Combo and Amanda Fish Band. After that it slides into it! I'm looking forward to the Tower of Power tune! The 1st hour ends with a set of recently lost artists. You won't hear this Leon Russell tune on any commercial radio! The 2nd hour is, I don't know, just me heading off in weird directions. Pretty much easy going, fun feeling music would describe the rest!

Thank you Jerry and Robin! It's gonna be a hoot to double up this weekend! Thanks for having my back guys!

Thanks to you listeners! Please share my show or email with your friends that you think would enjoy this! And thank you for ANY communication you have with me! I love doing this still and you only inspire me more with each bit of input!

Peace and love,

Mike

1 comment:

  1. DJ Workman, how was it doing double duty DJ'ing dude? That's as much alliteration I could muster. Thanks for the Blues playlist!

    ReplyDelete