Saturday, March 25, 2017

Show #254

Hello Friends of the Garden!

This is after 4 hours! It was
just now 8 AM!
Welcome to the evening edition of my blog! My routine has been disrupted by hosting the cast party for our Flower Tome Companion show! So, I'm not writing in the early morning this time.

I believe I am experiencing "brisket burn out"! No, I'm not talking about eating too much brisket. You can't eat too much brisket! No, I mean from cooking that dang thing! I was up at 4:00 AM to start the giant hunk of meat! As far as I knew there is only one four o'clock a day and it comes in the late afternoon!

Like I said I started at four in the morning and took it off at that other four o'clock! Twelve hours of waiting to get to the magic temperature of 170 degrees! People were wandering in around 5:30 so I was busy! And just like this year's show the time and effort of preparing was disproportionately long and the party itself was over just like that! My last guest "ubered" away at 1:30. I was a few hours away from being up 24!

My garden hose and
wheelbarrow up-cycling! Fun
party conversation starter, as in
why? 
I had a great time at the party. I got to do some people watching. I love watching people interact with each other! Especially when you know almost all of them! Even more fun when alcohol relaxes their guard a little! On top of that when your buddies bring their spouses the dynamics change a lot too! Thank goodness the brisket was good and it didn't give them a topic to unify on!

I was afraid to cut the brisket at first. Guests were arriving and could smell it. I knew I had to go ahead and start slicing! I had allowed it to "rest" (sit a minimum of 30 minutes) before so, I just went ahead. I was so worried it would be bad! I had visions of Thanksgiving and poorly cooked turkeys. I was imagining polite compliments that were more out of kindness that reality! I was happy to cook it and afraid to eat it! My fear had temporarily paralyzed me!  What a strange dichotomy!

That crazy AMC Dealership from
American Pickers that is returning
to the Earth!
I guess I've been stuck seeing this Yin/Yang thing, like there's two sides to everything (usually more)! When things happen repeatedly, right in front of you, you start to wonder, "What the heck is going on?" Lately I've seen a lot of this balance thing that's going on! I'm even beginning to understand "enantiodromia", the phenomenon of returning to homeostasis or things eventually turning in to their opposites! Been fun watching and learning, well,  kind of learning!

Oh, by the way, the brisket was really good! There was none left this morning! I need to learn to have more faith in myself!

On to Show #254! This show is influenced by Eddie! I met Eddie at the grocery store. We were going back and forth down the aisles opposite of each other. About the third aisle I noticed Eddie had a Leftover Salmon hoodie on. On the fourth aisle I spoke to him and he noticed that I had a Widespread Panic shirt on. I told Eddie about my radio show and I asked what Salmon song he wanted to hear. Well, here you go Eddie! So, I go "jammy" for a little and return to Garden Party homeostasis! It's all good!

Thanks as always Jerry and Robin, I do appreciate you guys!

Thanks to you listeners too! Please consider giving what you can to support our station! I know we are in need! Your modest contribution would be so very welcome!

Peace and love to you all!

Mike



1 comment:

  1. Your cooking of brisket reminds me of your cooking at Wild Waters!

    ReplyDelete