Friday, July 29, 2016

Show #220

Hello Friends of the Garden,

Wow! The whole political scene is crazy! The next hundred days will be intolerable! Between Russia and every other tabloid/news agency every last bit of dirt is going to be dug up and disseminated faster than ever in history! We will all have the specifics on why the other half of our country is misguided and lacking common sense.

Surely there must be some way to take advantage of this uncertain time economically! I wish I had thought of "go-bags"  because I expect their sales to go up as we get closer and closer to election time. Nice! Nothing like having an economy being driven by fear! Mark my words here, I would guess that gun and ammunition sales and the price of gold will go up in the days leading to the election. Fear of the uncertain will drive us to do this and many other things!

There is a silver lining in all this however! What ever horrible outcome occurs the devastation will not be as widespread as expected. Only half of the country will be doomed to certain Hell! The other half of the country can then assume a parental-like attitude that exudes a "Eat your vegetables, I know you don't like them but they're good for you!" mentality! Well, I guess it's not really much of an up-side.

I'm trying to think of an example other than our military/service people that we all as Americans agree is outstanding about our country. No doubt that we have a military unparalleled by any other with a rich history of sacrifice, service and pride. It just seems to me that as the greatest, most powerful, most innovative nation in the world we would have something else to hang our collective hats on. Of course that infers the ridiculous notion that we as Americans are working on ANYTHING together! 

Whichever half of the country is destined for certain Hell take heart! We have had systems in place for years to slow the descent! Bureaucracy will slow, stunt, stifle, stagnate any effort good or bad!

I wish I was smarter, then I could figure out why I want to be in one party because I fear what the other party will do to me! Or why I should do all I can to thwart ANY effort made by anyone other than those with my own political persuasion. Sure seems like a hard way to move forward! Like I said, I wish I was smarter! 

The next hundred days will be a rollercoaster ride of media! Should be interesting!

Here's show 220! I don't really understand it myself. I get a "mood" or "feel" stuck in my head. I felt like that's what happened when I put this together. The first set features the latest from Tom Petty and a timely Ry Cooder tune. There's also more brand new stuff from Colvin and Earle and also Billy Gibbons and the BFG's. You know I love the silliness of Antsy McClain & the Trailerpark Troubadours, The Austin Lounge Lizards and Chuck Wagon & the Wheels (it's good to laugh), I've got some Waybacks going out to my buddy Rick and some Johnny "Guitar" Watson going to my buddy Mike (look for the Tower of Power next week!). Lots of stuff in this show! Enjoy!

Thank you Jerry and Robin for all your support!

Thank you listeners as well! Your encouragement is so greatly appreciated! Please comment on my blog page or call me at the studio! I'd love to hear from you!

Peace and love,

Mike 

1 comment:

  1. We may need a survival kit Mr. Workman! Luckily, it's for two people. =) At first, the cost looks ridiculous until I saw what comes with it.

    ReplyDelete