Saturday, December 24, 2016

Show #241 (Christmas 2016)

Hello Friends of the Garden!

Well, you still need it!
Well, this is a first, my show falls on Christmas Day this year. I'm used to tough competition on Sunday but Christmas has to be the ultimate test so far! The Super Bowl, Mother's Day, Easter, and so many other events in the calendar year fall on a Sunday! During every one of those events I've been in the studio, but this time I'll give myself a present and enjoy the day (and evening) with my family!

Christmas construction challenges!
About two weeks ago I received an email from the station that said if I chose to the station would run Christmas music all weekend long! I asked if it was alright if recorded my show. As a compromise that was my choice. I love doing my Christmas show (I love doing ANY show!) so if you have the time and you're worn out from putting batteries into things and assembling stuff and eating, then take some time for yourself and enjoy!

Sometimes Christmas can be a little sad!
Remember that this is a tender time of year filled with a plethora of feelings that are wide ranging. Some of us are haunted by memories and others of us are filled with hope and great expectations. Regardless, most all of us are usually confronted with a time of reflection at this time of year. That can be painful for some! Try to be sensitive to that!

Do what you can! You'll feel better
about yourself and maybe carry it on
beyond the season!
Despite what we see and hear in the news and elsewhere, this is an opportunity to show the world that love and compassion and hope is what runs through the hearts and minds of the populous! It's never too late Ebenezer! Join the masses and let your heart soften! Show the world you care in what ever way you can! 

Thank you Robin and Jerry for being there for me through all the good times and bad! I thank all of you listeners for your kindness and support too!

Merry Christmas and peace and love to you all!

Mike

1 comment: